The purpose of the educational program 5B091200 “Restaurant and Hotel Business” in accordance with the requirements of the educational standard of the specialty 5B091200 “Restaurant and Hotel Business” is to prepare the graduate for the professional activities of the organization of services in hotels and restaurants as a manager of the companies of restaurant and hotel industry, taking into account national and regional characteristics, employer requests, demand for graduates.
The objectives of the educational program 5B091200 “Restaurant and Hotel Business”
- are to prepare a manager for a successful work in the sphere of hotel and restaurant business on the basis of a harmonious combination of scientific, fundamental and professional training;
- to create the conditions for learning the universal and subject-specialized competencies, promote social mobility and stability at the labor market;
- create social and personal qualities of the graduates: dedication, discipline, hard work, communication skills, teamwork, responsibility for the final result of their professional activities, citizenship, tolerance;
- to raise their general culture, the ability to personally acquire and apply new knowledge and skills.
The sphere of professional activity of the bachelor on a specialty 5B091200 “Restaurant and Hotel Business” is the hospitality industry and tourism, as well as science, education, government regulation, and other spheres of human activity, directly or indirectly related to the hotel business and the restaurant business.
Objects of professional work of the bachelor on a specialty 5B091200 “Restaurant and Hotel Business” are as follows:
- Public authorities, related to the organization of hotel business (ministries, akimats, their regional departments and structures);
- Public and private companies engaged in the restaurant and hotel business;
- Service sector, companies associated with the catering (restaurants, hotels and other structures);
- Property, property complexes (enterprises, institutions, organizations) and other objects of the hotel industry;
- Scientific and research organizations involved in studying the problems of catering development, catering marketing organizations;
- Educational institutions preparing experts of an average tier in the sphere of the hotel industry;
- Advertising agencies engaged in the promotion of services in the restaurant and hotel industry at the domestic and foreign markets;
- Information resources and systems, providing a means of automated information systems and technologies, etc.;
- Other organizations and companies whose activities are connected with the specializations established by councils of universities.
Bachelors of educational program 5B091200 “Restaurant and Hotel Business” can perform the following professional activities:
- Organizational and management;
- Industrial and technological;
- Research and development;
- Education (teaching).
The educational program 5B091200 “Restaurant and Hotel Business” was developed in accordance with SCES of the RK dd. 23.08 2012 No. 1080, typical curriculum for 2013 and on the basis of elective disciplines catalog (EDC), which is a systematic annotated list of all the disciplines of optional component, containing a brief description indicating the purpose of the study, executive summary (main sections) and the expected results of the study on educational program 5B091200 “Restaurant and Hotel Business”.
Content of educational program 5B091200 “Restaurant and Hotel Business” provides a sequence of disciplines study based on their succession innovation, rational distribution of disciplines per semester from the point of uniformity of academic work of the student, the effective use of human resources and logistical capacity of KazAST and taking into account the interests and wishes of employers.
|1 terms||2 terms|
|3 terms||4 terms|
|5 terms||6 terms|
|7 terms||8 terms|
The educational program 5B091200 “Restaurant and Hotel Business” is prepared in accordance with professional and scientific requirements for social and professional competences The result of the program is formed core competencies of the graduate, described by descriptors as provided in the terminology of the Bologna process.